Auckland Freediving Club membership comes with fantastic benefits:
- Train at a pool near you
- Learn from experienced divers
- Find dive buddies and connect
- Join organised spearfishing and dive trips
- Be part of the freediving community
- Achieve your best at competitions
In addition, Auckland Freediving Club full annual paid members receive discounts and benefits. Check out a few of them below.
Membership Fee Discounts
Help out with monthly inductions and get up to $50 off your club fees for next year.
- $25 off next year's fees if you assist (2IC) with at least one month of inductions
- $50 off next year's fees if you lead at least one month of inductions (must be 2IC first)
Click on the Roster below to sign up to help out with inductions:
Organise a club trip or join an organised club trip and get up to $50 off.
In order to be eligible for club trip subsidy, trips must be:
- Open to all members of the club
- Advertised well in advance
- Have at least 6 club members in attendance (or be an official AIDA freediving competition - see Competition Subsidy section for details)
Each full annual club member attending the trip will receive up to $50 off the trip.
Full members for the entire year are entitled to a maximum of 3 subsidised events.
The Auckland Freediving Club are committed to supporting athletes to compete in official AIDA freediving competitions. All annual members are eligible to apply for a $50 competition subsidy to help with cost of travel, accomodation and entry fees for any official freediving competitions they particpate in, even if less than 6 club members attend.
* Each competition subsidy will count as one of the maximum Event Discounts available to each full annual member. Annual members for the full year are entitled to a total of three $50 Event or Competition discounts. See the Event Discounts section for more details.
Volunteer with the club and get up to $150^ off your AIDA course fee.
To be eligible for the course subsidy you must:
- Volunteer with the club – choose 2 bullet points from below:
- Help as 2IC for inductions at Tepids over 1 month
- Help as Lead for inductions at Tepids over 1 month
- Lead 4 depth induction rigs
- Sign up on the Google Sheet roster for the volunteer slots you have chosen above (you will need to switch to Tepids or Lake tabs to register), you can find the roster on the website: https://aucklandfreediving.co.nz/training/roster/
- Email the committee telling them when you will complete the volunteering and that you would like the subsidy
^ AFC currently operate on a club year of September – August. If you are a new member joining March-August you may not have time to complete all requirements within the club year so email the committee to set up a suitable plan that will determine the amount of subsidy and volunteer requirements.
A great way to learn more about diving, give back to the club and help reinforce your new learnings while doing so.