Training Roster'sThe Auckland Freediving club is committed to providing quality training and development opportunities for our members. As part of this, we provide regular sessions each week where senior members provide structured training plans for members to follow. To share this work amongst the senior members of the club and also to provide our members variety in training techniques and approaches, members are rostered on to run a specific month throughout the year. See below for each training location and the responsibilities for the person who is rostered.
The rostered senior member is responsible for answering all new inquiries (induction and general info requests received via the website) the month before they are rostered on. They are also to ensure people have filled out the new members form prior to attending an induction and ensure inductees have acquired a medical certificate if any medical conditions were highlighted. For everyone's safety, it is important that this is strictly enforced!
The First Monday of the rostered month the senior member will run the standard AFC pool induction. To ensure everyone knows this is an induction (and static) night, an event under the Auckland Freediving Group should also be created in Facebook.
The club is committed to ensuring our members have a very high level of practical (in pool) instruction during their induction, to this end the rostered member is also responsible for arranging assistance as required to ensure a ratio of no greater than 4 inductees per instructor. Once a person has done the Pool Induction and also shown they can safely rescue, this is to be updated in the the New Member Form Responses Spreadsheet against that members initial registration (in google docs). See the following link for more detail on the induction process. The induction sheet can be found at here.
Responsibilities on non induction days:
- Events are to be created on Facebook the week prior. Session 1 starts at 18:50 (in pool at 19:00) and finishes at 19:55. Session 2 starts at 19:55 and finishes at 20:50.
- The plan for each session is to be communicated in the Facebook event and should also either be written up on the whiteboard at the side of the pool or a print out of the plan is to be brought to the pool side.
- Rostered member coordinate the session in pool (can also participate) or at the side, or can simply write the plan up and let the group self manage.
As Session 1 is targeted at our newer members, from time to time, it is well received when the senior member joins them in the spa afterwards for a post training debrief.
|Apr||2019||1 (5 sessions)||Nathanial||Kat|
|May||2019||6||Nick, Phil||Ash, Wade|
|Jun||2019||10 (3 sessions)||Nicky||Allison||Stat day 3/4/19 add 1/5/19?|
|Jul||2019||1 or 8 (5 sessions)||Ash||Sita|
|Oct||2019||7(3 sessions)||Ali||Lisa||Stat day 28/10/19|
If you are looking for inspiration for your session the following are some potential ideas for both sessions:Pool Co2
- 25’s with 40/30/20/10/1b/10/20/30/40s breathe up, Adv 25’s with 20,15,10,5,1b,5,10,15,20s.
- 25’s alternate swimming, Adv 50’s alternate swimming.
- 25’s with 25 sec breathe up, Adv 50’s with 50s breathe up.
- 25’s @ 50s starts, Adv 50’s @ 1’40’’ starts.
- 10No 25 minimum total duration, Adv 10No 50’s min total duration.
- 10xstatic 45sec duration with one breath between, advance 10x static 1’15”
- 10x 50m 2’30” breathe up, Adv 10x 75m 2’30” breathe up.
- 4 swims at 85, 75, 75, 75% true max.
- Good to start session with O2, follow with technique.
Lake training is run at Lake Pupuke on Thursday nights during daylight savings months. Depth training is very different from the pool and the club has specific processes to ensure our members are safe and can develop in a structured manner.
The club has several rigs available for training and to ensure people are able to dive regularly and still have adequate safety coverage, we have a maximum of 5 additional members per Rig. To support this ratio, more Senior Members are required each month to provide enough rigs for the members who train. As per the Pool philosophy of ensuring our members have exposre to a variety of techniques, rostered members will move to a a different rig depth each week of the month they are rostered on. The member rostered on the 8M rig is also responsible for runnning any Lake inductions that are needed that night.
Responsibilities when rostered on:
- Events are to be created on Facebook with the depth range.
- Event to be closed off (add full to the description)
- The lead on the 8M rig is also responsbile for updating the Member spreadsheet when they complete a Lake induction.
|2||11/10/2018||Nate||Brad||Bad weather||Members meeting|
|27||4/4/2019||Nicky||Nathanial||Games & BBQ|
Once members have completed the 24M competency levels they are welcome to use a club rig and train with others who have also completed these levels. No dedicated Rig lead is required for these rigs, but members are expected to dive within their limits and also to ensure they are safetying for members as per the competency framework.
Panmure roster 2018
AUT Training Roster 2017 April - 24th September (DST starts)
Lane 1 Intermediate
Lane 2 Advanced