AIDA 1 Star Freediver -
No matter what your background in diving is, the AIDA 1star Freediver will open your mind to a whole new underwater experience.
You will learn the basic theory of Freediving and how to prepare yourself for a breath hold dive including breathing, duck dive, finning, buddying and safety techniques.
AIDA 2 Star Freediver -
Open Water Freediver
This is probably the most challenging and rewarding AIDA course. For those who are already confident in the open water this course is your starting point. The course builds a foundation of good technique and safety so that you can buddy with other AIDA 2 star freedivers. This course consists of two theory sessions, a pool session and three open water dives.
To successfully complete the AIDA 2 star freediver course you will have to perform a 2 minute breath hold, swim 40 m underwater with fins and dive to 16m in the open water.
AIDA 3 Star Freediver -
Interested in going deeper and improving your technique? This course goes into the theory of Freediving in more depth which will allow you to understand the physiology and techniques behind diving deeper. The course will help you improve your Freediving performance whilst advancing your safety and rescue skills.This course consists of three theory sessions, two pool sessions and four open water dives.
To successfully complete the AIDA 3 star freediver course you will have to perform a 2 minute 45 second breath hold, swim 55 m underwater with fins and dive to 24 meters in the open water.
AIDA 4 Star Freediver -
This course takes you to a whole new level of confidence in your Freediving. Not only will you learn the latest techniques for deeper diving but you will also learn more about conditioning your body for Freediving. This course will push you to the limits of your Freediving abilities. The AIDA 4 star is the highest level a recreational freediver can achieve. The AIDA 4 star can be combined with the Competition Freediver course for those who want to explore the challenge of competitive freediving.
This course consists of three theory sessions, two pool sessions and four open water dives.
To successfully complete the AIDA 4 star freediver course you will have to perform a 3 minute 30 second breath hold, swim 70 m underwater with fins and dive to 32 meters in the open water.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADIFreediver Touch™
- Confined water session to learn breath hold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea.
- Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures.
- Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 meters/30 feet.
PADI Advanced Freediver
The PADI Advanced Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about advanced freediving techniques and equipment. You’ll study independently using the PADIFreediver Touch™
- Confined water session to learn stretching and relaxation techniques as well as refine static and dynamic apnea.
- Goal – static apnea of 2 minutes, 30 seconds and dynamic apnea of 50 metres/165 feet
- Open water sessions to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques.
- Goal – constant weight freedive of 20 meters/65 feet
Interested In A Course? Drop Us A Line.
If you would like to sign up to a course or have any questions on either AIDA or PADI courses, contact us now!